Tuesday, March 31, 2009

EF lens fits on one Canon and not the other.?

I have had a Canon Rebel XS for about 5 months now and everything has been wonderful. I have the kit which came with it (EFS 18-55mm lens) and an additional lens (EF 75-300mm).





I recently purchased a Canon EOS-3 film camera and expected my EF lenses to work on it's EF mount. The 75-300mm fit on the EOS-3 but the 18-55mm did not.





What could be the problem?


Could it be that the 18-55mm is an EFS?



The Canon film cameras can only use EF lenses not EFs lenses. The 18-55mm lens is an EFs lens that was designed specifically for use on the APS-C sized sensor DSLR's. You DSLR can use both EF and EFs.


The good news is there really is only one or two EFs lenses that you need. The kit 18-55mm lens and the EFs 10-22mm wide angle. All other focal lengths are available as an EF mount. Also for the most part the EF lenses are better than the EFs lenses.




Canon will not switch from digital to film and vice-versa but I do believe that you can buy an adapter but I am not positive... Nikon will switch back and forth but unfortunately I also have Canon... look on ebay for an adapter but once again Im not sure about the adapter

No comments:

Post a Comment